Exceptional Care With Compassion!
The BrookHaven Nursing Center with 140 beds is located on the 116 acre BrookHaven Retirement Community Campus. The Center offers long-term care for individuals with a chronic medical condition. Our nursing staff is available around-the-clock to assist your loved one with daily physical, social and psychological needs. We are licensed by the Ohio Department of Health and Medicare and Medicaid certified.
The BookHaven staff includes professionally trained nurses and nursing assistants working under the close supervision of our medical director. We also have an experienced team of social workers, activity director and dietetic technicians committed to providing an exceptional level of care and assistance to every resident.
A Compassionate Environment with a Taste of Home
- Emergency call system in every room
- Spacious bathrooms with easy access
- Three meals, including special diets, served in our dining room
- Personal laundry services
- Wide screen TV and DVD in the comfortable lounges
- Recreational and social calendar
- Fully equipped activity room for wellness and arts and crafts
- Scheduled holiday events, outings and much more!
Private and semi-private rooms may be decorated to reflect your loved one’s unique personality. Large areas have large spacious corridors and handrails for safe and easy mobility. The decorated lounge and landscaped courtyard are wonderful areas for gathering with friends and family.
BrookHaven offers the convenience of no large up-front endowment or conversion of your assets.
Our program specializes in the treatment of conditions that result from an illness or injury including:
- Orthopedic conditions
- Swallowing difficulty
- Post-operative rehabilitation
- Neurological rehabilitation needs
- Neck and back pain (post-stroke, head injury, multiple sclerosis, ALS)
- Spinal injuries and unstable spine
- Diabetic and other peripheral problems neuropathy
- Work-related injuries
- Prosthetic training
- Sports injuries
- Orthotic fitting
- Immobile joints
- Balance problems
- Recurring headaches
- Wound care
- Chronic pain
- Hand dexterity problems
- Hand, elbow and wrist injuries
- Traumatic brain injury
Our full-time team of physical, occupational and speech therapists provide therapy up to six days per week using an interdisciplinary, goal-oriented approach for each patient. When the patient is ready for discharge a thorough home visit is conducted to identify any safety and special equipment concerns.
- Joint replacement recovery
- Back & neck pain
- Chronic conditions such as COPD & CHF
- Training to improve self-care, dressing and activities of daily living
- Exercises related to activities and function of the upper body
- Speech disorders such as stuttering, dysarthria and apraxia
- Language disorders such as aphasia
- Swallowing difficulties
- Fall prevention
- Therapeutic exercise
- Training on the use of adaptive equipment
- Home improvements for safety & increased independence
- Medical conditions such as traumatic brain injury, stroke, dementia, Huntington’s disease, tracheostomies